Wednesday 1 September 2010

Harajuku love

Nice looks!
My love of fashion started with an enthusiastic like interest for Japan. I was absorbed by the utter contrast in lifestyle, tradition, language and fashion. This then almost obsession leads to one of Japan’s very popular Harajuku street fashion which I instantly fell in love with. This style is completely different to anything i had ever seen and was great to view. The outrageous and flamboyant would dress in every colour of the rainbow or the opposite Like the gothic doll Lolita. The people who dress in the Harajuku style are really not shy to show off what they think looks good. When they choose a theme they go all out to look the best with their clothing, makeup, hair, jewellery and other accessories! Some items of clothing would be homemade or straight out of a shop but I feel I can safely say that no one ever looks totally the same. I found these books fresh fruits which is a photo collection of many different people dressed in fantastic way. I never got bored looking through it! Not only does this style inspire me to bring colour into what I wear I would also like to try and find my own Harajuku on the streets in Europe. So throughout this blog, I may post photos that I have taken or come across of people (with their consent) that look more interesting to me in.

The image is from the fresh fruits books.

No comments:

Post a Comment